Dear 2015 SEUS-CP Delegate,
It is my great pleasure to welcome you to Prince Edward Island, Canada and the meeting of the Southeastern United States – Canadian Provinces Alliance. I am pleased to be hosting this eighth annual event and to be building on the momentum from past successful gatherings.
Established in 2008, the Southeastern United States – Canadian Provinces Alliance provides participants with a unique opportunity to develop business alliances and a forum for government leaders to exchange views on subjects of common interest.
Over the next few days, you will have an opportunity to:
- hear from a variety of experienced panelists regarding cross-border trade;
- participate in workshops designed to explore the benefits of cluster development within businesses;
- discuss economic innovation and best practices;
- attend business-to-business meetings; and
- visit a variety of companies throughout our province.
The agenda for this year’s conference has been designed to increase interaction between government and business leaders, promote innovation, and facilitate networking among delegates. …all while experiencing the culinary delights and hospitality of Canada’s Food Island.
I trust that it will be an informative and productive time for you, resulting in increased opportunities, new partnerships, and fond memories of your visit to Prince Edward Island.
Thank you for joining us and for your continued commitment to the Southeastern United States – Canadian Provinces Alliance.
H. Wade MacLauchlan
Premier of Prince Edward Island